2.5 BHK in Bangalore
If you have a family staying with you then it is better to invest in a house which is having 2.5BHK. 2.5 BHK is very similar to 2BHK just that it comes with an additional room which will not be as big as your other 2 bedrooms most likely to be half of its size and very compact indeed. Nowadays Builder sells it by specifying an extra room for kids or study room.
If you have kids it would be better if you invest on a 2.5 BHK flat as the children will have a separate study room where they can complete their homework and finish their studies without any disturbance.
Or if you are a newly married person and have parents staying along with a maid then your parents can stay either in the guest bedroom and the maid can stay in the study room.
2.5 BHK flats come with 2 spacious bedrooms with 2 toilets and 1 smaller room for study or 2 spacious bedrooms with 1 small bedroom and two normal size toilets.
There are many builders in the city like Prestige Group, Sobha developers, Mantri Developers, Godrej Group who offer apartments of 1 BHK, 1.5 BHK, 2 BHK, 2.5 BHK, 3 BHK, 3.5 BHK and 4 BHK configurations. One has an option to choose a Builder of their choice from A class builder to C class builder. This trend of investing on a 2.5 BHK flat has taken up in recent years. The reasons for this trend to pick up well in the market are following.
- Cost factor of larger 3 bhks
- Increase in Cost of construction
- Increase in cost of land
- No increase in affordability
- Everyone wants to have 3 bedrooms but can’t buy
- Effective use of space
- Compact homes are coming out with better space utilization
- Smaller families don’t need another toilet
- People like larger toilets with better facilities like bathtubs, steam bath etc rather than simply having more toilets.
- Non-feasibility of buying a 2nd home: – Lot of customers used to buy smaller first homes in the past years. Once they find themselves in better financials on a later stage of their lives, they would move to larger houses. But now, many people prefer spending their hard earned money effectively. Then 2.5 bhks are a good choice as this satisfies their future needs too. This avoids a lot of unnecessary cost of housing loans.
- Affinity towards more luxurious life